After a very harrowing past few days, missing 70 year old hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains national park Albert Morgan Briggs of Pigeon Forge Tennessee was just found alive and well.
Rangers and volunteers have been looking since Wednesday for experienced hiker Albert Morgan Briggs when he was reported as overdue from a backpacking trip that started Saturday in the Greenbrier section of the Great Smoky Mountains national park.
A press conference will be held in about an hour at the national park headquarters and we will give the full details of Mr. Briggs rescue after the conference.
We have received numerous call and emails here about Mr. Morgan Briggs character by those who knew him and are so glad that the conclusion to the search and rescue had such a happy ending.
- Rescue of a Lost and Stranded Hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park Concludes
- Missing Hiker in Great Smoky Mountains National Park Alive but Not Out of the Woods - Yet
- Missing Hiker in Great Smoky Mountains National Park has been Found
- Search underway in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park for missing hiker Albert Morgan Briggs
- Search for Missing Hiker in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park is Still Unsuccessful