Old 284 which connect Big Creek with Cataloochee in the Great Smoky Mountains national park has just been added to the growing list of road closures from today's storm which is expect to dump snow until around 1 pm today.
The following GSMNP roads are now closed:
- Cataloochee Entrance Road by Maggie Valley NC
- Cherokee Orchard Road in the Roaring Fork Gatlinburg TN area
- Foothills Parkway East Cosby TN to I-40
- Little River Road from Gatlinburg TN to Townsend TN
- Old 284 Between Big Creek NC and Cataloochee NC
- Newfound Gap Road Gatlinburg TN to Cherokee NC (US 441)
- Wears Gap Road between Wears Valley TN and Metcalf Bottoms
Temperatures expected to remain at or below freezing for the remainder of the day and into the teens tonight so the snow and ice will stick around until at least tomorrow.